Enter the 2015 Race Car Design Contest for JDRF,
hosted by Motorcraft/Quick Lane Tire and Auto Centers!
Children living with type 1 diabetes (T1D), ages 5 to 18, are invited to let their imaginations race for the checkered flag in the 2015 Race Car Design Contest for JDRF, hosted by Motorcraft/Quick Lane Tire and Auto Centers!
Kids, start your sketching! Click these links to access the official entry form, design sheet, and contest rules, and press release. The winning design will appear on the Motorcraft/Quick Lane Ford Fusion, driven by Ryan Blaney, at the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway on July 26, 2015, in Indianapolis, Indiana.
JDRF happily celebrates eight years of partnering with Ford Motor Company to present the Race Car Design Contest, which has raised more than $400,000 for JDRF and T1D research to date. Your creativity inspires us as we work together to create a world without T1D.
- March 12 - Design submissions due to your local JDRF Chapter.*
- March 16 - April 24 - Public voting happens at fordracecar.jdrf.org. Vote by making a monetary donation in support of your favorite design.** Ford Motor Company will match funds raised up to $250 per entry.***
- April 24 - Top 10 designs with highest donations determined.
- April 25 - June 1 - Final voting happens at fordracecar.jdrf.org
- Week of June 8 - Winner announced and design is unveiled.
- July 24 - 26 - Winner watches Ryan Blaney race at the NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
* Entries received after March 12, 2015 will be accepted but may result in lower fundraising.
** Donations will be credited to the contestant's JDRF Walk team where applicable.
*** Total matching funds limited to $12,500.