2013 “OUR EVERYDAY HEROES” RACE CAR DESIGN CONTEST TO BENEFIT JDRF,
HOSTED BY FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE DIVISION
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The 2013 “Our Everyday Heroes” Race Car Design Contest to benefit JDRF, hosted by Ford Customer Service Division (the “Contest”) is open to children ages 5 -18 living with type 1 diabetes. At the time of contest entry, all entrants must return a signed release included in the official entry form, as a condition of participation. Entrants under the age of 18 must have their parent/legal guardian sign the release, indicating parental consent to participate.
All entrants must be legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and the District of Columbia. Employees of Ford Motor Company, Quick Lane Tire & Auto Centers, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies (collectively, the "Promotion Entities") and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate. The prize is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes the entrant’s and his/her parents orlegal guardians’ full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and the Sponsor, Prize Provider, and Program Manager’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest and prize.
2. Contest Administrators: Sponsor: JDRF, 26 Broadway, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10004. Prize Provider: Ford Motor Company, One American Road, Dearborn, MI 48126. Program Manager: CCO Communications d.b.a.PCGCampbell, 3200 Greenfield Road, Suite 280, Dearborn, MI 48120.
3. Release: Once submitted, all drawings and designs of entrants become the sole property of JDRF, Ford Motor Company, CCo Communications d.b.a. PCGCampbell, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, dealers and retailers, and shall have the right to treat such property as its own. Entries will not be returned. Designs and drawings can/will be used to promote company programs and services without further permission or compensation. Designs will not be returned. All designs, including entrant’s name, age, and city will be posted for public viewing/voting on www.jdrf.org/ford and/or any of Ford Motor Company’s /JDRF’s social media pages. Except where prohibited, participation in the sweepstakes constitutes winner's consent to Sponsor's and its agents' use of winner's name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration or notification of permission.
By receipt of the prize, the Grand Prize Winner and his/her parents or legal guardians agree to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Prize Provider, and Program Manager and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
4. Timing: The promotion begins on March 26, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on May 28, 2013 at 12 Noon, ET (the "Promotion Period").
5. How to Enter: To enter, eligible participants must complete the Official Entry Form available at each local JDRF Chapter or online at www.jdrf.org/ford. The form includes two coloring pages; both pages must be completed to be considered for the prize. Completed entries must be mailed to the entrant’s local JDRF Chapter or to JDRF, 1151 Village Road, Dearborn, Michigan 48124 and postmarked by Thursday, March 7, 2013. JDRF Chapters will individually select up to two (2) designs per Chapter to be submitted into the national Contest, held online at www.jdrf.org/ford. JDRF Chapters will select the two (2) designs based upon “judging criteria” (see Section 8b).
6. Submission Requirements: All submissions must be hand-drawn by the entrant (JDRF child). Design elements should continue around the logos on the race car and cannot include profanity or inappropriate text or images. Designs cannot promote any brand or product of any kind other than Ford, Motorcraft, Quick Lane, fordparts.com or JDRF and cannot contain any personal identification. Entries cannot include any copyright or trademark images, or violate any persons Rights of Privacy or Rights of Publicity. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject any entry it believes violates any laws, regulations, rights of a person or entity, or could result in litigation or claims (or threatened litigation) by another person or entity.
7. How to Vote: Designs will be open to the public for viewing and online voting March 26, 2013, starting at 8:00a.m. ET through May 28, 2013 at 12 Noon, ET. A monetary donation must be made online at www.jdrf.org/ford, before a person can cast his/her vote. The minimum donation is $1 USD. There is no maximum donation. A person may vote as many times as they wish during the voting period. Payment options include credit card (AmericanExpress, Discover, MasterCard & Visa), Bank Account Withdrawal, and PayPal.
7a. General Voting Period: March 26, 2013 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) through May 3, 2013 at 12 Noon, ET.
7b. Finalist Voting Period: May 3, 2013 12 Noon ET through May 28, 2013 at 12 Noon ET.
8. Winner Selection:
8a. Contest Finalists: After the voting period, the ten (10) designs receiving the highest donation totals (the“Contest Finalists”) will proceed to the Finals. During the Finals voting will continue for three weeks, as each Finalist is partnered with a Ford Dealership in the designers’ home town area with the Dealership promoting the Contest finalists’ participation in their community. Voting Period to determine Finalist shall be: May 3, 2013 12 Noon ET through May 28, 2013 at 12 Noon ET. On May 29, 2013 final judging will take place. The Contest Finalists’ designs will be reviewed by a committee made up of JDRF and Ford Customer Service Division managers and Motorcraft/Quick Lane Mustang Funny Car driver, Bob Tasca III and Program Manager (the Committee). The Committee will determine the Contest winner.
8b. Judging Criteria: The winning entrant will be based upon the following judging criteria:
50% - Use of Theme: “Our Everyday Heroes”
25% - Creativity
25% - Visual Impact
The winner will be notified by phone at the number on the entry form, on or around May 30, 2013.
The winner’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign and return to the Administrator, within ten (10) days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim the prize. The notice and an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release shall be sent to the address on the entry form. If the winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period, the potential winner forfeits the prize. Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that the winner is disqualified for any reason, the Committee will award the applicable prize to analternate winner as determined by the Committee.
9. Prize ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: The winning design will appear on the Motorcraft / Quick Lane Ford Mustang Funny Car at the O’Reilly Auto Parts Route 66 NHRA Nationals, June 28 – 30, 2013 in Joliet, Illinois. The running ofthe Motorcraft/Quick Lane race car in said race is not guaranteed and is contingent upon the car qualifying for the race. The winner and his/her parents or legal guardians will participate in the unveiling ceremony of the JDRF paint scheme at TBD location on Thursday, June 27, 2013, and have the opportunity to attend the NHRA qualifying at Route 66 Raceway on Friday, June 28 and Saturday, June 29, 2013 and the opportunity to attend the NHRA race at Route 66 Raceway on Sunday, June 30, 2013. The prize includes: Roundtrip airfare for three (3) (JDRF child and two (2) parents or legal guardians) from an international airport near the winner’s residence to Chicago, Illinois; hotel accommodations for four nights at a hotel of the Committee’s choice, with check-in on Thursday, June 27, 2013 and check-out on Monday, July 1, 2013; $50 USD per person for the JDRF child and up to two (2) parents or legal guardians per day for meals; and one (1) rental car. The airfare, hotel and car types/accommodations, shall be in Promotion Entities’ sole discretion. Estimated prize value (“ARV”) is $5,000.
10. Grand Prize Restrictions/Conditions: Prize is non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable. No cash or other prize substitution, except by the Committee, in whole or in part, in their sole discretion. Sponsors are not responsible for cancellation of travel or race event for circumstances that are unpredictable: acts of God, war, government regulation, disaster, civil orders, emergencies or other event beyond the control of the Promotion Entities. The parents or legal guardians of the Grand Prize Winner are solely responsible for any taxes on prize and any expenses not listed herein, relating to acceptance of and travel for the prize. Award is subject to winner providing all applicable information necessary to issue a 1099 tax form.
11. General Conditions: The Committee reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the prize, or any partof it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond the Committee’s reasonable control, impairing the integrity or proper functioning of the prize, as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion. The Committee reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process.
12. Entrant's Personal Information: Information collected from entrants is subject to the Sponsor’s (JDRF) PrivacyPolicy http://www.jdrf.org/privacy/.
13. Contest Results: The Contest winner will be notified on or around May 30 2013, and then posted online at www.jdrf.org/ford
2013 “Our Everyday Heroes” Race Car Design Contest for JDRF,
Hosted by Ford Customer Service Division
ABBREVIATED RULES for Print
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 48 CONTIGUOUS UNITED STATES AND D.C. JDRF CHILDREN AGE 5-18. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Design submissions are due 3/07/13. Public voting is open 3/26/13 – 5/28/13. For Official Rules and complete details, visit www.jdrf.org/ford. Sponsor: JDRF and Ford Motor Company.
Click here for the "Our Everyday Heroes" Race Car Design Contest for JDRF, Hosted by Ford Customer Service Division