Welcome to my JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes Page!
I’m taking part in the JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes, along with hundreds of riders from around the world, to raise money for JDRF, the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research.
Some T1D facts:
- Strikes both children and adults suddenly and is unrelated to diet and lifestyle.
- Occurs when the body’s immune system attacks and destroys the insulin-producing beta cells in the pancreas. Insulin is essential to turning food into energy.
- Requires constant carbohydrate counting, blood-glucose testing, and lifelong dependence on injected insulin.
JDRF is working every day to change this. And every dollar I raise helps them continue to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community until a cure is found.
Some facts from my life with T1D:
- I was diagnosed on March 28, 1986, my blood-glucose was 7 times the normal. 3/28 is my wife's birthday
- I have poked my finger to check my blood-glucose almost 50,000 times
- I have given myself over 30,000 insulin injections
I have been hard at work training and fundraising, and your gift today will propel me toward the finish line. Please donate and help JDRF achieve its goal of a world without T1D.
Please check back to view my fundraising progress as my Ride weekend approaches. Thank you for your support.