Welcome to my JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes Page!
Many of you who know me, know that our son Levi was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes on March 25, 2010 at the age of two. While Type 1 is a disease you can manage, it requires 24/7 care by all who surround Levi throughout his day. We are blessed to have amazing child care providers, teachers, grandparents and friends all who love and care for Levi daily.
In the past, we have participated in the JDRF walks to involve our family and friends in awareness of Type 1 and to do our part in helping find a cure. This year, I have set a goal to take this to the next level and personally ride 100 miles on August 16th to raise awareness and funds around Type 1 Diabetes.
I’m taking part in the JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes, along with hundreds of riders from around the world, to raise money for JDRF, the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research.
Did you know T1D:
- Strikes both children and adults suddenly and is unrelated to diet and lifestyle.
- Occurs when the body’s immune system attacks and destroys the insulin-producing beta cells in the pancreas. Insulin is essential to turning food into energy.
- Requires constant carbohydrate counting, blood-glucose testing, and lifelong dependence on injected insulin.
JDRF is working every day to change this. And every dollar I raise helps them continue to bring life-changing therapies from the lab to the community until a cure is found.
I have been hard at work training and fundraising, and your gift today will propel me toward the finish line. Please donate and help JDRF achieve its goal of a world without T1D.
If you don't have one of our Team Levi shirts, you can receive one by donating today!
- Donations of $25 will receive one Team Levi t-shirt ($.25 per mile biked!)
- Donations of $50 will receive two Team Levi t-shirts ($.50 per mile biked!)
- Donations of $100 will receive up to 4 Team Levi shirts ($1 per mile biked!)
- Youth and adult sizes available.
Please check back to view my fundraising progress as my Ride weekend approaches. Thank you for your support.