More Ways to Join Us
Log In
Burlington
Burlington, VT
July 24 - 27, 2014
Details
La Crosse
La Crosse, WI
August 14 - 17, 2014
Details Register >
Lake Tahoe
Lake Tahoe, CA
September 5 - 8, 2014
Details Register >
Nashville
Nashville, TN
October 30 - November 2, 2014
Details Register >
Death Valley
Death Valley, CA
October, 16 - 19, 2014
Details Sold Out!
Hincapie
Greenville, SC Hincapie Gran Fondo Ride
October 23 - 26, 2014
Details Register >
Tucson
Tucson, AZ
November 20 - 23, 2014
Details Register >
Lake Tahoe, NV

Register Today!

$8,798
I HAVE RAISED
$8,000
MY GOAL
109%
ACHIEVED

JDRF Ride 2014

    Hello all, I’m a little late in signing up for the JDRF ride this year. I was taking a deep look within to decide where I wanted to ride this year. Knowing the challenges Taryn faces every day with never a single day off, brought me to the conclusion that I need to challenge myself a little more.

    I don’t know what it is like to test my blood sugar EVERY morning

    I don’t know what it is like to test my blood sugar EVERY time I get in my car

    I don’t know what it is like to test my blood sugar EVERY time I have a meal

    EVERY DAY now for the past 8 years that is what Taryn does

    Blindness, Kidney failure, amputation, are just some of the injustices this disease brings along and of course going to low or too high and dying is something that can occur any time……….

    Friends, this is a dreadful feeling for a parent and I assure you I do not dwell on the above. 99% of the time I know how blessed I am to have such a beautiful, ambitious, adventurous, smart, and caring daughter. Taryn graduated from the University of Massachusetts this past May with a degree in nutrition. She was one of the lucky applicants to be accepted for a dietetic internship at UMASS where only 10 slots are available each year. She will be working in area hospitals, schools, and elsewhere as well as taking courses in order to sit for Registered Dietician license next year. I am very proud of what she’s accomplished so far but I know she plans on going a lot further.

    99% of the time that is how I feel. The other 1% I want to punch a wall. I want her free of this disease. WE NEED YOUR HELP / I NEED YOUR HELP

    I’m willing to work my butt off (literally in this instance) to raise more money for research to help find a cure for Type I diabetes. 5 years ago I made a statement that I would ride every year as long as I was able or until a cure was found. Thankfully, I am able – unfortunately there still is no cure. The challenge is Lake Tahoe – a 72 mile journey around the lake with two very serious climbs. These climbs are the challenge I will need to prepare for with commitment and determination. The same determination and commitment Taryn has.

    Taryn has a challenge every day, I have challenge to climb, now I have challenge for you!

    Please help me raise 8,000.00 this year. Please donate!! Your tax-deductible gift will help make a difference in the lives of people with type 1 diabetes. Lake Tahoehere I come. Thanks

    It is faster and easier than ever to donate. Simply click on this link.

    http://www2.jdrf.org/site/TR/Ride/JDRFNationalRides?px=1288380&pg=personal&fr_id=3431

    If you prefer, you can mail your gift check to me at the address listed below. Please make the check payable to JDRF and include my name in the Memo section.

    779 Old York Rd., East Windsor, NJ 08520

    Jeff Krietzman

    Any amount, great or small, helps JDRF get closer to its goal of finding better treatments and a cure for type 1 diabetes. I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on my progress.

    Comments

    If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.

    Jeff's Badges
    Achievements
    TeamRaiser Achievement Badge
    Breakaway: $7500
    I've raised $7500 or more for the Ride!
    Returning Rider
    I've had so much fun at a JDRF Ride I'm returning for another!
    Why I Ride
    I'm sharing my reason for Riding! Who's your #1?
    Email Expert 50
    I'm increasing my success by sending emails to everyone I know!
    Fundraising Honor Roll

    Also follow us on:
    Facebook Twitter Flickr