My husband Zack was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes (T1D) in March 2011. T1D is scary, it is frustrating, and it is exhausting. That is why we work as hard as we can to train for these rides and raise funds for JDRF. This will be our third JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes. We are extremely moved by our community, who has helped us raise $14,000 so far towards T1D research. Knowing that we have helped JDRF bring us closer to a cure provides such inexplicable comfort.
Every dollar raised for JDRF helps them continue to bring life-changing therapies until a cure is found. We truly appreciate everyone's support in making this another successful fundraising effort. Please help us by:
~ Making a Donation:
- No amount is too small (does your company match your donations?)
- On-line, cash or check (please make checks out to JDRF, include my name on the check, and mail to JDRF Rhode Island, 2350 Post Rd, Ste 201, Warwick, RI 02886)
~ Spreading the Word:
~ Marking Your Calendars:
- Fundraising Event at Thirsty Moose: 5/31/14
- Fundraising Event at Rolling Green Nursery: 6/15/14
- Fundraising Event at Redhook Brewery: Thursday, 6/19/14
- Zack & Stephanie Denoncour
P.S. Did you know T1D:
Strikes both children and adults suddenly - there is no known cause.
Occurs when the body’s immune system attacks and destroys the insulin-producing beta cells in the pancreas. Insulin is essential to turning food into energy.
People with diabetes are in a constant struggle to avoid hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) and hyperglycemic (high blood sugar) reactions, which can be life threatening.