Did you know type 1 diabetes is an auto-immune form of the disease?
The body destroys it's own ability to produce insulin. Crazy, right?!
It almost always strikes in adolescence.
These kids must inject insulin every single day, multiple times a day for the rest of their lives to live. They must prick their fingers multiple times a day and night to test their blood sugar levels. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. AND. NIGHT. Diabetes doesn't sleep. :(
Ryan is one of these kids, diagnosed at 24 months old.
Ryan "can't wait to not have diabetes anymore" because she is hopeful there will be a cure. She has HOPE!
Did you know YOU can help make her hope reality? Yes, YOU!
- Donate to Ryan's Lions' walk team. Right here, right now. Don't save it for later. Even a $3 donation makes a difference. The link is on this page. (Tax deductible!)
- Shop our Thirty-one fundraiser at: https://www.mythirtyone.com/shop/eventhome.aspx?eventId=E3776014&from=DIRECTLINK.
- Help us raise awareness by joining Ryan's Lions' walk team, create a fundraising page, help us meet our goal and spread our message. (This support makes Ryan feel like a million bucks!)
- Corporate donations equal to or greater than $250 can send me their logo for the back of our team shirts. (Sponsor/logo deadline 10-20-13.)
Why we support JDRF?
- This organization supports research that has and will provide better technologies and therapies for managing this disease on a daily basis. Money raised at this walk supports that research.
- This organization supports cure focused research. Money raised at this walk supports that research.
** THERE ARE CURRENTLY HUMAN CLINICAL TRIALS IN PROGRESS ON CURE FOCUSED RESEARCH. CURING THIS DISEASE IS WITHIN REACH. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING US 10 MINUTES OF YOUR DAY TO RAISE YOUR AWARNESS.