Please help me make a difference for millions of people living with type 1 diabetes (T1D).
Did you know that:
- T1D is an autoimmune disease that comes on suddenly and strikes both children and adults at any age? (Julia was diagnosed at 10 years old with this difficlut and life threatening disease).
- T1D has nothing to do with diet or lifestyle? (Many people don't understand the difference between T1D and type 2 diabetes).
- Those living with T1D must carefully "try to balance" insulin doses with eating and daily activities throughout the day and night? (Being an athlete makes finding this so called "balance" a greater challenge).
- Those living with T1D must test their blood sugar by pricking their fingers for blood 6 or more times a day? (That is over 2,500 finger pricks a year for Julia).
- Those living with T1D must take insulin shots every time they eat. (That is over 2,100 shots per year for Julia!)
Please donate to JDRF, the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. JDRF unifies global efforts to cure, treat, and prevent T1D.
Thank you for your support and generosity!