This fall, the Rosenberg family and friends will participate in the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation’s annual Walk to Cure Diabetes. Each year, we raise money to find a cure for the three million Americans living with Type 1diabetes, including Lauren and Doug.
The money we raise goes towards JDRF’s important research. Incredible breakthroughs are being developed right now, including:
· Artificial Pancreas Systems that react to rising blood-glucose levels by combining blood-sugar monitoring systems with insulin pumps to provide the right amount of insulin at the right time.
· Smart Insulinthat works only when the body needs it. The insulin is inactive when the blood-sugar level is in the proper range.
· Encapsulation, where cells that produce insulin cannot be implanted in the body because immune systems attack them. With this process, a packet is surgically implanted under the skin that contains cells that produce insulin as needed, just like the pancreas in a non-diabetic person! The cells are encapsulated by a material that prevents the immune system from destroying the cells. When this process is perfected, no daily pin-pricks and no multiple daily injections.
This progress is truly miraculous! The 25 scientists employed by JDRF tell us that the speed these advances become reality is directly linked to the money we contribute. We know our money is used well because Forbes Magazine named JDRF one of their 5 “All-Star” charities due their efficiency.
This year’s Walk takes place on Sunday, October 6 along Chicago’s lakefront. Please help by:
· Supporting our family team with a tax-deductible contribution.
· Joining our Walk Team, “The Doug and Lauren Rosenberg Family Team,” which includes family and friends who collect pledges and walk with us. You can register and start your own fundraising page at www.jdrf.org; or just let us know that you’d like to join us.
Last year, we raised more than $15,000, the largest amount ever for our team. We are one of the largest non-corporate JDRF fundraisers in all of Chicago, thanks to you! To achieve the breakthroughs and continue our track record of exceeding the prior year’s donations every year, it would help tremendously if can donate an even LARGER amount THIS year than last year.
Please support The Doug and Lauren Rosenberg Family Team in its life-long quest to find a cure for T1D. It’s simple, fast and fun! We look forward to a lovely walk and a spectacular fundraiser!
Marc, Ellen, Doug and Lauren Rosenberg
|The Doug and Lauren Rosenberg Family Team - Join Team||Raised|
|Denotes a Team Captain|
Bronswick Reicin Pollack, Ltd.
Company Jules B Rukin & Assoc PC
Company Steven A. Isenstein Trust
Dalby, Wendland & Co, PC
Grant Partners, LLC
Isabel and Mark Schiffer
Keller Advisors, LLC
Kutchins, Robbins, & Diamond, LTD.
Marcia & Tom Korman
Mr. Charles/Donna Kitchen
Mrs. Sara Schiffer
Russell Thompson Butler & Houston, LLP
Shea Labagh Dobberstein
The Group for Psychological Services, LTD.
The Growth Partnership Inc.
Weltman Bernfield, LLC