Welcome to my personal JDRF Walk to Cure Diabetes fundraising page! I'll be taking part in this year’s Walk to raise funds to improve the lives of all people affected by type 1 diabetes (T1D) especially my 11 year old nephew Noah.
I am asking for your support. Please donate to my personal fundraising efforts. By doing so, you can help me make a difference for millions of people living with type 1 diabetes.
Did you know that:
- T1D is an autoimmune disease that comes on suddenly and strikes both children and adults at any age?
- T1D has nothing to do with diet or lifestyle?
Now for some things you might not learn on a website about Juvenile Diabetes:
- My 11 year old nephew Noah has to test his blood 10+ times a day.
- He has an insulin pump that while it helps and makes for a better quality of life is still a large painful needle stuck in him that needs to be changed every 3 days. It helps but its not enough.
- Noah's parents have to wake up at 3am every night since he was diagnosed to check his blood sugar. It affects not just his life but everyones life around him.
- Noah is doing great and handling this better than most grown ups would but thats because if he doesnt he could die. How's that for something no 10 year old should have to deal with!!!!
- Every bite of food he takes needs to be measured and checked to make sure to keep his levels as close to normal as possible.
- Insulin is NOT a cure!!!!!! Its a lifeline!!!
Every year our family and friends join us to walk to raise money for a cure. Last year Team Noah's Ark ( our family team) raised over $60,000 dollars. Yes thats right , we have a lot of generous family and friends and lots of business associates who have helped us be one of the top teams every year. In total, since we found out Noah has this horrible disease, our Team has raised over $185,000 for JDRF and the search for a cure.
As the leader of the type 1 diabetes community, JDRF unifies global efforts to cure, treat and prevent T1D. JDRF will not rest until T1D is fully conquered. Won't you please give to JDRF as generously as possible?
Anything from a dollar on up is trully appreciated and Thanks in advance for your support.
Maybe some day you will look back at this donation and think you helped a little boy say " I used to have Diabetes!!!"
Thank you for your support!