Hi Everyone -
It is that time of year again – Time to help us support JDRF! As many of you already know Juvenile Diabetes is a big part of our lives. Since Maggie was diagnosed in 2005 our lives have changed dramatically, some good and some bad. At the time we were diagnosed I couldn’t possibility think that there may be “good” that would come out of this horrible situation that we were thrown into. But as I look back, the “good” now outweighs the “bad”. I am sure that the years have helped me come to that conclusion (as only time would).
Here is the bad –
1. Maggie will have to deal with this the rest of her life (but of course not if we find a cure!)
2. When she started she took a minimum of 5 shots a day
3. We always have to be prepared for an emergency so a bag of supplies accompanies us where ever we go
4. Always have to poke her fingers for blood sugars (this hurts – most days its 8-10 pokes per day)
Here is the Good –
1. We have learned to eat better by making healthier choice.
2. Learned to go with the flow – never know when your blood sugar can drop low or go high
3. Maggie is on a pump – so no more shots unless we are in an emergency situation
4. We have learned that there are never any wrong decisions when it comes to learning how to manage diabetes (we learn from our past mistakes) -
5. Sleep is over rated – blood sugar lows never come when it is convenient
6. We have met some wonderful friends that are in the same situation we are in and made some lifelong relationships
7. Maggie gets to attend a camp just for kids with diabetes – she has made some great friends!
8. We get to walk in the JDRF walk at the ZOO every year and help raise money for a cure!
I can only hope that someday I will not be sending this yearly email because they will have found a cure but for now we are asking that you help support us - anything you can give helps! We would also love to have you walk with us (contact me if you’re interested). Thanks!
The Gotz Family
Karen, Jeremie, Maggie and Emily
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.
Anne & Katelyn Farebrother
Mrs. Robin K Goff
Ms. Lisa Henry
The Steffen Family