Anna was diagnosed with diabetes almost five years ago. In an attempt to encourage and support Anna, while educating those we know, we have formed the walk team, Anna and the Carb Counters. We want to 1) to provide Anna with support and let her know that she is not alone in her fight against diabetes, and 2) raise money to support the research required to find a cure. The Walk is a place where Anna does not feel alone with her disease. It has also taught her that she can do anything. Please walk with us or make a donation.
We walk so that Anna, Patrick, Connor, Reign, Katie, Scott, Ethan, Hannah, Bryce, Amber, Mike, Meredith and our many other friends with type 1 diabetes do not have to:
1. Check their blood sugar every time they eat, exercise or feel high or low blood sugars
2. Take insulin either by injection or through an infusion site every day to stay alive
3. Count every carbohydrate they eat and make sure they dose enough insulin
4. Visit their doctor every 3 months
5. Always carry their diabetic supplies in case they experience a low blood sugar
6. Wonder about their future and if there will be a cure for type 1 diabetes
Join us on Saturday, February 23, at Westdale Mall.The fun begins at 8:30 with center stage acts, a kid?s zone, inflatables, face painting, and food?and it?s all free!We will gather on the second floor above center stage at 9:45 so that we can walk together for Anna and the Carb Counters.