Thank you again for your commitment to helping JDRF find a cure for type 1 diabetes (T1D). Participating in our JDRF One Walk is one of the most meaningful ways that the T1D community comes together to make a difference and we’re so thankful you will be joining us. Please see below for important Walk Day Details!
EVENT DAY SCHEDULE
7:30AM - Check-In opens at the Check-in Tent
8:40AM - Beach Ball Release and Opening Ceremony at the Art Museum steps
9:00AM - Walk begins!
The Walk will take place rain or shine.
PRE-REGISTER BEFORE SUNDAY
We HIGHLY encourage all walkers to register online before Sunday.
Please visit our Check-In Tent as soon as you arrive under the following circumstances :
- If you have not pre-registered online, to complete a Walker Collection Envelope. JDRF collects basic information for all walkers, and a Walker Collection Envelope will need to be completed to sign the waiver.
- If you have raised $100 or more individually, to pick up your JDRF One Walk T-shirt
- If you are living with T1D, to pick up your complimentary "T1D Looks Like Me" Head Scarf.
- If you are a V1P (raised $1,000 or more individually), to pick up your V1P badge and lanyard at the expedited V1P Check-In line.
- To turn in walk donations.
You do not need to visit the Check-in Tent if you have pre-registered, are not turning in walk donations, and/or are not picking up a JDRF One Walk T-shirt, "T1D Looks Like Me" Head Scarf, and/or V1P badge and lanyard.
V1Ps: If you have raised more than $1,000, you are a V1P, and there will be a designated Check-In line just for you! This is our way of making Walk Day a little bit easier for our top fundraisers. You will pick up your V1P lanyard and badge there, and don’t forget to stop by the V1P Tent to get the V1P treatment!
Turning In Walk Donations: You can mail in donations to JDRF Eastern PA at 555 Croton Road, Suite 111, King of Prussia, PA 19406 or you can drop off donations at the Check-in Tent on Walk Day. Turning in funds earlier is another great way to ensure a speedy check-in process on Walk Day!
If you have Walk donations to turn in on Walk Day, donations should be counted and sealed in a completed Walker Collection Envelope which will be available at the Check-in Tent. An accurate total of money contained in the envelope must be clearly written on the outside of the envelope, along with the name of the team and walker. Every walker turning in funds should turn in their own separate envelope. It is extremely important that Walker Collection Envelopes are filled out completely and accurately.
Are You One of our Heroes Living with T1D? JDRF is motivated by the millions of children and adults challenged by T1D every single day. We celebrate your strength and the sense of hope and empowerment that Walk Day brings. When you arrive to the Check-in Tent, please let our volunteers know if you would like a complimentary "T1D Looks Like Me" Head Scarf identifying you as living with T1D. Note: The scarves are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
NEW FAMILIES & ADVOCACY
We encourage everyone to visit our JDRF Info/Advocacy/New Families Tent to learn more about JDRF and our advocacy initiatives, as well as outreach efforts for new families. If this is your first Walk as a new family, be sure to pick up your complimentary drawstring backpack!
FOOD, FUN & ENTERTAINMENT
There will be plenty of music, entertainment, and fun on Walk Day! All morning we will have DJ Anthony Canora spinning tunes, and we are happy to announce that with us on Walk Day will be Phillies broadcaster Ben Davis, the Saint Joseph's University Dance Team, The Hawk - Saint Joseph's University mascot, Miss Philadelphia 2017 Nia Andrews, Miss Philadelphia Outstanding Teen 2017 Morgan Harrar, and the Plymouth Whitemarsh High School Acappella Choral Group.
Make sure the kids don’t miss our Activities Tent, and remember to stop by our Sponsor Tents and Exhibitor Tables. Thank you to our generous sponsors: West Pharmaceuticals, Novo Nordisk, Good Neighbor Pharmacy, Deloitte, M&T Bank, Merck, Publicis Health Media, Wawa, ASI, Mackenzie's Miracle Makers, Grandma & Grandpa Cohn, and Nonna Morrison. Thank you to our National Partner and Exhibitors: Reach Cyber Charter School, Omnipod and Setebaid.
Wawa is returning for another consecutive year with refreshments at the Food Tent; we do encourage all families to bring their own diabetic supplies and snacks.
SOCIAL MEDIA HOT SPOT AREA
Thanks to our Social Media Hot Spot sponsor, Deloitte, you'll have the opportunity to show everyone your #JDRFOneWalk #Philly pride! Over by the Start/Finish line area will be our Social Media Hot Spot area where you can take photos in front of the Start/Finish Arch with Instagram frames and make sure all of your friends see how much fun you are having on Snapchat, Facebook and Twitter. Make sure to use the following hashtags so your post makes it up on the JDRF One Walk Philadelphia video screen over by the stage: #JDRFOneWalk #Philly.
TOP TEAM TENT ROW & TEAM TABLES
Tents in Top Team Tent Row will be labeled with the Top Team's name and will have a table and two chairs.
For those teams who have reserved a team table, team tables will be found on the grassy area in between the Check-in Tent and Activities Tent. A table will be labeled with your team’s name and you will have two chairs. The tables will be placed in alphabetical order.
We encourage you to decorate your tents and tables (and bring extra chairs and food) as a celebration of your amazing accomplishments in helping JDRF turn Type One into Type None.
POST WALK FUNDRAISING DETAILS
Donations will continue to be accepted post walk and applied to teams and walkers until June 30, 2018. As a registered fundraising walker, you will receive, for reward redemption purposes, a certificate via email 8-10 weeks post walk.
CAN I BRING OUR DOG?
Dogs are allowed but they must be on a leash at all times.
CAN I BRING OUR STROLLER OR WAGON FOR THE KIDS?
WALK ROUTE & SITE MAP
The Walk is a 5K starting at the Philadelphia Art Museum, walking a mile and a half on Martin Luther King Drive, and then turning around on Martin Luther King Drive back towards the Art Museum.
Please orient yourself with our Site Map ahead of time, so you can make the most out of Walk Day!
DIRECTIONS & PARKING
- From I-676 West (Vine Street Expressway): Take I-676 West to the Benjamin Franklin Parkway exit, the 22nd Street, Museum area (on the right hand side). At the end of the exit ramp, turn right onto 22nd Street and get into the far left lane. The Benjamin Franklin Parkway is a boulevard with two outside lanes and two inside lanes.
- From Western Locations (Valley Forge, King of Prussia): Take I-76 East to Philadelphia. Exit on the right at Spring Garden Street. At the end of the exit ramp, turn left. Continue past the side of the Art Museum.
- From Northern Locations (Bucks County, NE Philadelphia): Take I-95 South to I-676 West. Follow Directions from I-676 West (see above).
- From Southern Locations (South Jersey, Baltimore, Washington D.C.): Take I-95 North. Exit onto I-676 West. Follow directions from I-676 West (see above).
Should you drive, please be prepared to park at one of the suggested nearby parking garages.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art Parking Garage: Located on the West side of the main Museum building, access the lot via Art Museum Drive or Waterworks Drive. Parking rate is $32 for non-Museum visitors/members.
- InterPark, 1815 Cherry St, Philadelphia, PA 19103; open 24 hours
- Gateway Parking Garage, 1540 Vine St, Philadelphia, PA 19102; open 24 hours
- Latimer Garage, 1510 Latimer St, Philadelphia, PA 19102; open 24 hours, no SUVs allowed
- ABM Parking Services, 1 Franklintown Blvd, 1701 Callowhill St , Philadelphia, PA 19130; opens 6:00AM
- Edgewater Garage, 2323 Race St, Philadelphia, PA 19103; opens 7:00AM
- Rodin Place Garage, 420 N 20th St, Philadelphia PA, 19130; opens 8:00AM
- Park America Inc., 2107 Sansom St, Philadelphia, PA, 19103; opens 8:00AM
On street parking may be available on surrounding streets. Please observe all posted parking signs when street parking.
By Public Transportation
For information about Septa stations and schedules, please visit Septa's website.
If you exit onto 16th or 17th Street, head North and turn left onto the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Continue straight and the Art Museum will be straight ahead.
If you exit to Market Street, turn right onto 17th Street, walk North (approximately two blocks) and then turn left onto the Benjamin Franklin Parkway. Continue on the Parkway and the Art Museum will be straight ahead. *This is an easy way to get to the Walk site; just take your regional train to the Suburban Station exit.
Please contact your Development Manager Kim Yacoubian at 610-227-0360 or email@example.com.
We can't wait to see you Sunday, October 22 to celebrate all of your accomplishments!