EVENT DAY SCHEDULE
Check in begins at 7:30AM
JDRF One Walk Program - 8:30AM
JDRF One Walk begins - 9:00AM
JDRF One Walk is a rain or shine event. In case of inclement weather, all walkers should report to the Check In Tent to turn in pledges.
Once you arrive, head to the check in tent. All teams need a designated captain and must register at the check in tables.
- Remind all team members to self-register online prior to the walk
- If you are not registered, you will need to fill out a Walker Collection Envelope at the Check In tent
- If you have donations, you will need to fill out a Walker Collection Envelope.
The Walker Collection Envelopes:
- Complete your Team Name and Team Captain's name
- Include the amount in the envelope
- Checks should be made out to JDRF
- Credit Cards will be accepted at the Check In tent
- If you have a large amount of cash or coins, please convert it to a personal check or a money order and make a note in the memo section that cash has been converted to a check
- Donors who have written checks to JDRF for $250+ will receive a letter of receipt from JDRF
Walkers who have individually raised $1,000 and up will have a special check in area at the Check In tent. Once you are checked in, you will be escorted over to the exclusive V1P tent where you will be greeted by JDRF board members as well as served a VIP breakfast. Don't miss out on the chance to be a JDRF One Walk V1P!
New Families will have an exclusive tent designated just for them. Inside the tent you will be greeted by JDRF mentors and volunteers who can make your first JDRF One Walk experience one to remember. You will also receive a New Family special gift for stopping by.
FOOD, FUN & ENTERTAINMENT
The scheduled JDRF One Walk day festivities include an exciting program to kick start the walk. Snacks and beverages will be served from 8:00AM - 11:00AM and will be available at the Hydration Stations along the walk route. Lunch will not be served. Pets are not encouraged.
The top five family and top three corporate teams will be recognized during the program and will have a dedicated team tent n the event space. Teams can host a personal tent in the designated area, however they cannot be anchored into the ground. Get creative and decorate your space!
The JDRF office is available to answer any questions you may have in regards to fundraising. There are a variety of ways to maximize your fundraising efforts including:
- Assist JDRF in securing sponsorships
- Secure grants from corporations and foundations
- Form a company team
- Form a family team
- Identify team captains for teams
- Utilize corporations matching gift programs (double your donations!)
- Create 3rd party events to boost walk team donations
JDRF will provide parking on site at two parking garages on the Ericsson North America Campus.
Additional overflow parking will be in Tennyson Center I & II or SRHC Platinum Park. *Please DO NOT park in reserved spaces at these lots
Once the walk begins, please note that exiting all parking lots will NOT be allowed until wall walkers have passed and it is safe to do so. Safety of our attendees is our #1 priority.
Walk Site Address - 6300 Legacy Drive, Plano, TX 75024
Event Will be in back of Campus off of Tennyson Parkway.
HOUSTON HURRICANE RELIEF TENT - presented by Goldman Sachs
Our thoughts are with our JDRF friends and family in the Gulf coast area who are coping with the effects of Hurricane Harvey. Please stop by our Houston Hurricane Relief Tent on the One Walk main lawn and drop off diabetic supplies, such as test strips, syringes, pen needles, alcohol pads and insulin. Insulin must be in date and kept refrigerated prior to bringing on Saturday morning. Also, we will have an art area where children can design cards to send along with the relief supplies. Thank you for your support.
Visit with our Resource Row partners and see the most up-to-date treatments in diabetes care as well as other helpful resources in our local community.
Family Fun for everyone! Spray paint your hair, apply JDRF themed tattoos, reach new heights in our bounce houses and race friends through the obstacle course!
PERSONALIZE TEAM T-SHIRTS
- Please use the JDRF One Walk logo, email email@example.com to receive the logo
- JDRF will not be hosting a contest, instead we will showcase all of our amazing team t-shirts via Facebook. Email us a picture of your team t-shirt on walk day to firstname.lastname@example.org