Milliken State Park/Detroit RiverWalk
1900 Atwater Street
EVENT DAY SCHEDULE
The JDRF One Walk will take place rain or shine.
8:30am Walk-In Registration/Check-In Opens
9:30am Opening Ceremony Begins
9:45am Official Walk Start
10:00am Food & Fun at the Finish Line
Entertainment, kid activities and special attractions will begin at 8:30am and conclude at 11:30am.
The Walk Route is 1 mile.
FREE Parking will be available at:
River East Parking Garage
1000 Franklin Street
Detroit, MI 48207
For all available parking options: PARKING MAP
**V1P's must use Frankline entrance for their reserved parking space.
If you are already registered and you need to turn in money or receive your t-shirt ticket for raising at least $100, you can head to the Registration/Check-In tent with your Walker Collection Envelope filled out.
The Walker Collection Envelope should be completed with:
• Your Team Name and Team Captain's name
• Your Address – Home address preferred in order to expedite the delivery of JDRF post-Walk information and prizes.
• Amount in envelope – PLEASE DO NOT include online totals.
PLEASE NOTE: EVERYONE WHO IS ATTENDING THE WALK IS CONSIDERED TO BE PARTICIPATING AND NEEDS TO BE REGISTERED.
• If you have family or friends not already registered prior to Walk day, they will need to stop by the forms table to pick up the Registration Form that is on the front of the Collection Envelope to register. Once they have completed the form and signed the Liability Waiver they can take it to the Registration/Check-In tent to complete the process.
• Please remember, each walker should turn in his or her own envelope. Walkers are asked NOT to combine funds into one envelope.
Also, do not forget:
• Checks should be made payable to JDRF. If you have checks made out to you, please endorse it to JDRF.
• If you have a large amount of cash or coins to turn in on Walk Day, we ask that you convert it to a check.
• If you raise $100, you will receive a JDRF Walk T-shirt. 1 shirt per person.
• If you registered as a T1D, you will get a head buff on walk day.
The JDRF One Walk is counting on you to lead the way! Raise at least $1,000 and you will join the elite ranks of the JDRF One Walk!
JDRF One Walk V1P’s will receive the following benefits:
• Official JDRF One Walk event T-Shirt* ($100 fundraising minimum)
• All access pass for you and a guest to the V1P tent area on Walk day with special food and beverages
• V1P commemorative lanyard to be worn on Walk day
• V1P Reserved Parking in the River East Parking Garage
• JDRF Swag Bag
*V1P’s must have $1,000 of individual fundraising credited to their personal page as opposed to team fundraising efforts.
We welcome you to stop by our tent dedicated to new families on Walk Day. Not only will you be able to meet other local families new to the JDRF and the T1D community, but we have an exclusive JDRF drawstring backpack as a special welcome gift for you and each one of your team members.
FOOD AND REFRESHMENTS
A variety of healthy snacks and refreshments will be provided such as:
• Orange/Apple Juice Boxes
• Nutri-Grain Bars and more!
FUN & ENTERTAINMENT
We will have music, kids’ activities, special guests and plenty of family fun including:
• Face Painting
• Temporary Tattoos
• Bounce House
• Photo Booth
• Team Photos
• Ford sponsored "Wrecking Ball!" inflatable (for a suggested $5 cash donation)
Donors who have written a check will receive a letter of receipt from JDRF in the mail at the end of the year. Please include the Walker Donation Information Form
to ensure that your cash donors receive their letter of receipt as well.
No Zero Dollars Campaign:
Ask all your Team Members and fellow Walkers to make a self-donation! Walking doesn't cure diabetes, FUNDRAISING for Walk does!
Prize catalogs are mailed to eligible participants approximately 10 weeks after the Walk. In order to receive a catalog, you must opt in to the fundraising rewards program. If you did not opt in when you registered for the Walk, you may still do so in your Participant Center or on your Walker Collection Envelope. The deadline to opt in is 4 weeks post-Walk.
Ordering information will be sent with each gift catalog. Remember you can continue fundraising after the Walk. Funds received up to 4 weeks post-Walk Day will be credited to your final individual and team totals for prizes and awards.
HELPFUL TIPS & TOOLS
No bikes or rollerblades. Strollers and wagons are permitted. Dogs are also permitted, but must be kept on a leash at all times.
Please check out the following materials for some helpful info!