We’re so excited to see you at our JDRF One Walk event on November 5th at the Cleveland State University Wolstein Center! Here are some event day details to help you prepare for our celebration:
- The Cleveland State University Wolstein Center is located at 2000 Prospect Ave E, Cleveland, OH 44115.
- I-71 South and I-90 West – Exit at Prospect Avenue, turn right and proceed west for two blocks.
- I-90 East, I-71 & I-77 North – Exit at East 22nd Street, turn left at the end of the ramp and proceed north for two blocks.
- We have confirmed that parking will be available for $10 in the CSU South Garage (2101 E. 21st St, Cleveland, OH 44115) the morning of our event. Please CLICK HERE for a map.
- There are lots of parking options downtown at a variety of price points. Please arrive with plenty of time to choose what is right for you! We do not advocate one option over another.
- FYI: There is a home Cavs game scheduled for 3:00 pm the day of our walk.
- Check-in will be from 9:00am-11:00am. Please enter the arena at Gate A, located off of Prospect Ave E.
- Collection Envelopes will be available at a table close to the check-in area; all donations turned in at the Walk must be in a collection envelope.
- All walkers with T1D will receive a head buff.
- Each walker who raises $100 or more prior to walk day and/or turns in a total of $100 on walk day will receive a commemorative t-shirt.
- NEW THIS YEAR!! At registration, your team captain will be given tickets to redeem at the T-Shirt Tent, one ticket for each walker who earns a shirt. Please take your ticket to the tent to redeem your size.
- Fundraise $1,000 or more 1 week prior to Walk Day to receive on-site benefits including but not limited to, express lanes at check-in and at the t-shirt tent, free V1P parking in the CSU South Garage, and so much more!
- It’s not too late to do one more push for donations. Fundraise online using the Participant Center.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Get ready for a morning filled with fun entertainment, games, and activities as you meet other T1D families from around Northeast Ohio!
- Our Festival Area will feature inflatables, an obstacle course, a rock wall and giant games. Up on the stage, we will have Shadow Dancing and entertainment provided by Studio 82 Jazz Energy Dancers. We will also host a Team T-Shirt Showcase.
- Our walk will be INSIDE on the Concourse Level of the arena.
- Please bring your team banner/ sign to take with you on the route.The JDRF Cement Mixer will also be on-site for your team picture.
- NEW THIS YEAR!! Laurie Meadows, our Outreach Manager, will be hosting a Rufus Reunion. You are invited to bring your Rufus and to participate in a best-dressed contest with the winners being announced on the stage.