- The University of Akron Stile Athletic Field House is located at 289 S. Union Street, Akron, OH 44304. Please CLICK HERE for driving directions.
- Event parking is free courtesy of the University of Akron. Lots are located off of Spicer Street and Vine Street. Please look for our parking signs!
- V1P Parking is located in the first row of the Spicer Street lot. Please show your pass to one of our volunteers and they will direct you.
- Check-in will be from 9:00 am-10:30 am. Please enter the field house at the Spicer Street Entrance.
- Pick up your snack pack on the way into the building. Thank you to Summa Health Systems for the cinch sacks!
- Collection Envelopes will be available at a table close to the check-in area; all donations turned in at the Walk must be in an envelope.
- All walkers with T1D will receive a head buff.
- Each walker who raises $100 or more prior to walk day will receive a commemorative t-shirt.
- NEW THIS YEAR!! At registration, your team captain will be given tickets to redeem at the T-Shirt Tent, one ticket for each walker who earns a shirt. Please take your ticket to the tent to redeem your size.
- Fundraise $1,000 or more 1 week prior to Walk day to receive on-site benefits including but not limited to, express lanes at check-in and at the t-shirt tent, Kids Zone Fast Pass, and so much more!
- It’s not too late to do one more push for donations. It’s quick and easy to fundraise online using the Participant Center.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Get ready for a morning filled with fun entertainment, games, and activities as you meet other T1D families from around Northeast Ohio!
- Our Festival Area will feature an inflatable obstacle course and giant games. On our Main stage, we will have Shadow Dancing, entertainment provided by the University of Akron Cheerleaders and Dance Team, and a Family Team T-Shirt Contest.
- Our walk will be OUTSIDE on the University of Akron campus, please dress accordingly. We will have a respite area inside for any T1D who needs it as well as bleachers set up for anyone who needs to take a breather.
- CLICK HERE for a map of our walking route. The route is one mile in length.
- There will be an additional water stop outside half-way through the route if you are in need of some extra water.
FAMILY WALK TEAMS
- Please bring your team banner/ sign to take with you out on the route.
- The JDRF Cement Mixer will also be on-site for you to take a team picture in front of.
- NEW THIS YEAR!! Laurie Meadows, our Outreach Manager will be hosting a Rufus Reunion at the Outreach Tent. You are invited to bring your Rufus and to participate in a best-dressed contest from 9:00 am-11:00 am with the winners being announced on the main stage at 11:45 am.
- ALSO NEW THIS YEAR!! Family Teams can enter our Team T-shirt Contest. Strut your stuff across our main stage from 11:00 am-11:30 am.