EVENT DAY SCHEDULE
- 6:00AM: Parking opens in the Inspiration Point Parking lot on Park Blvd. JDRF shuttles start transporting walkers from the Inspiration Point parking lot to the Walk site.
- 6:30AM: Registration opens. Come early to enjoy bagels, fruit, coffee and more!
- 6:45AM: Team Photos Begin
- 7:20PM: Opeining Ceremonies
- 7:50AM: Walkers should be in place behind the Starting Line
- 8:00AM: The Walk starts!
- 9:30AM: Post-Walk Ceremonies on the Main Stage
- 9:00AM-11:30AM: - Party in the Park!
The Walk will take place rain or shine.
DIRECTIONS & PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
- Quince Street ramp from Route 163 - 6:30AM - 10:00AM
- 6th Avenue from Laurel Street to Upas Street (only one lane going northbound) - 6:00AM - 10:00AM
- Balboa Drive from Laurel Street to Upas Street - 7:00AM - 10:00AM
6:00AM - Parking opens in the inspiration Point lot (on the east of Park Blvd., between Presidents Way and the Balboa Park Activity Center). JDRRF will offer shutles from the Inspiration Point parking lot to the Walk site. Anticipated shuttle ride will be 10-15 minutes.
- Shuttles will pick up and drop off only from the Inspiration Point pasking lot. You are welcome to park in any lot along Park Blvd., but shuttles are only available at the Inspiration Point parking lot.
- PET OWNERS: Unfortunatley we are not allowed to have pets (other than service dogs) on the schuttles. We recomend pasking along 5th Avenue for a quicker walk to the festival area.
- ADA parking will be located in the Inspiration Poing parking lot at Park Blvd. An ADA van will be available to transport from the parking lot to the walk site
When you arrive, head to the registration area to tuen in your Walker Collection Envelope. While additional envelopes will be available at check-in, having the following information completed on the Walker Collection Envelope speeds up the check-in process:
- Your Team Name and Team Captain's Name
- Amount in envelope
- STROLL ROUTE - This family friendly 1.5 mile route is great for families with children in strollers and people in wheelchairs.
- NATURE WALK - At about 2.5 miles, following the Bridle Path trail of Balboa Park this route is perfectly suited for walkers seeking more of a challenge. please note: Absolutely NO strollers or wheelchairs are allowed due to the topography of the trail.
Pets must be on a leash and you are responsible for cleaning up after them.
A V1P is a Walker that has raised over $1,000 or more. V1P's will be treated to a red carpet expereince with expedited check-in, a V1P lanyard, a free chair massage from the Foundation for Wellness Professionals, special treats from Nothing Bundt Cake, a V1P Photo opportunity and a special V1P craft. Staff will communicate with V1P's prior to the event.
If you are a new JDRF Family and new to the Walk this year please stop by the Welcome New Famiy Tent. We would love to meet you! New families will receive a special JDRF One Walk Drawstring Backpack!
FOOD, FUN & ENTERTAINMENT
Food and drinks will be available from local vendors at the Walk. These include: Coca-Cola refreshments, Starbucks, Subway, Nature's Bakery and more. There are also water stations and first aid stations throughout the Walk route. Blucose tabs will be available at the JDRF booth in the festival area and rest stop stations along the route.
VIP TEAM TENTS
Teams that raise $2500.00 or more are eligible for a Team Tent in the VIP area. This includes a 10x10 tent, a table and two chairs. Bring decorations and your Walk Teams banner (no ballons allowed). Have fun showing off your team! Staff will communicate with VIP team captains prior to Walk Day.