Join in the fight to create a world without type 1 diabetes!
I am participating in the JDRF Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes at my school. It is a great way for us to learn about type 1 diabetes (T1D) and raise funds to support research to create a world without T1D!
Did you know that:
- You can't get T1D by eating too much sugar. No one knows what causes T1D, and there is currently no way to prevent it.
- People with T1D do not make any of their own insulin, so they have to get their insulin through shots or a pump.
- Kids who have T1D will never outgrow it.
- Diabetes is not contagious. It's ok to play with friends who have diabetes. You can't catch it from them.
- Having diabetes involves doing lots of math! People with diabetes have to consider the carbohydrates in every bit of food they eat so that they know how much insulin they need to inject to help each meal or snack turn to energy.
With T1D there are no days off, and there is no cure-yet. Your support of JDRF can help change that. Can you help me make a difference by making a donation?
Thank you for your support!
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.