How to Help Your Child Fundraise
With parental permission, students have the opportunity to raise money to help create a world without T1D!
Online fundraising is the easiest, fastest, and most efficient way for your child to raise funds and earn Difference Maker Awards!*
Here are some tips for helping your child fundraise online:
- Click here to get started! Find your state, then select your school and follow the easy registration steps.
- Register your child to get a Participant Center, where you can take advantage of our fast and easy fundraising tools!
- Create a personal web page so that family and friends can donate directly to your child.
- Use our Fundraise with Facebook app to engage your social network.
- Email family and friends through the Participant Center and ask for their support. To learn how to send fundraising emails in five easy steps, go here.
- Track your progress in real time!
More great ways to help your child fundraise:
- Help your child set a goal and make a plan to reach it. (Example: for $50, ask 10 people for $5; for $100, ask 10 people for $10.)
- Be the first to contribute to your child.
- Bring your child’s collection envelope to work and ask co-workers for support. Don’t forget to ask about matching gift programs!
- Sell paper sneakers (included in this envelope) to family and friends for a donation of $1 or more.
How to help your school hold a smooth and successful Kids Walk campaign:
- If possible, please convert all cash donations to a check made payable to JDRF.
- Turn the collection envelope in with all donations on the date marked on your child’s envelope.
- Your child should return the paper sneakers as they are sold to his or her teacher, so that they can be displayed in the hall, gym, or classroom.
- Volunteer to help!
Thank you for helping your child make a difference!
*Be sure to check with your child’s teacher about whether your school is participating in the Kids Walk Difference Maker Award Program!