Welcome to my JDRF Ride to Cure Diabetes Page!
I'm taking part in the JDRF Ride because I’m up for a physical and mental challenge that I know will be the experience of a lifetime. And, the money I raise will change the lives of millions of people who struggle with the burden of type 1 diabetes (T1D) every day.
Did you know T1D:
- Is an autoimmune disease in which a person's pancreas stops producing insulin – the hormone that controls blood sugar levels
- Is NOT caused by poor lifestyle choices and can't be cured or reversed by simply eating better or getting more exercise.
- Strikes children and adults suddenly and is unrelated to diet and lifestyle
- Requires constant carb counting, blood-glucose testing, and lifelong dependence on insulin
- Is a constant balancing act that can result in stress and sleepless nights
There is no way to prevent T1D and there is no cure – yet. JDRF is working hard to change that and for the first time in our history there is a clear path to cures for T1D. Every dollar you donate today funds research for breakthroughs to help everyone with T1D live healthier and longer, until this disease no longer exists.
In the mean time, we've got a lot of work to do on education, advocacy, research and fundraising for all of the above.
We can’t get to the finish line without you.