Ford has been a long-time supporter of JDRF, raising over $70 million to fund type 1 diabetes research since forming the Ford Global Action Team in 1998.
In 2014, we fielded our first Ford – UAW Corporate Ride Team and have grown our efforts each year. Last year – riding virtually – we fielded our largest team to date with over 200 Ford employees from around the globe participating. Many rode as part of a virtual tour of Ford Plants around the world and others participated in the UK based JDRF – Ford Cycle for a Cure. Combined, these efforts raised over $100,000 to fund JDRF research!
It’s time to take on the 2021 Ford Virtual Challenge for JDRF! The Ford Virtual Challenge is open to all Ford – UAW Corporate Ride Team Members – including family, friends, suppliers and business partners.
- Challenge begins August 28 and concludes September 30
- Riders that raise $250 during the challenge dates will receive a Ford – JDRF Cycling Jersey
- To enter the challenge, simply select your challenge route & distance
Choose from one of the seven routes developed by our Ford UK Ride Team:
- Virtual Dunton Test Track 2.7km route: 2.7km – 1 lap… how many can you do?
- Virtual 50km route
- Virtual 100km route
- Virtual 260km route: Coast 2 Coast UK (St. Bees to Robin Hood Bay)
- Virtual 500km route: London to Paris
- Virtual 1400km route: Land’s End to John O’Groats
- Virtual Everesting Challenge: Climb 8,848 meters on your bike
Questions regarding the challenge? Please contact Gael Sandoval, email@example.com or 313-402-3132