Why Hold a JDRF Kids Walk at your School?
There are so many benefits offered by the JDRF Kids Walk program!
- Money for your school: Ten percent of the total amount raised for JDRF is awarded back to your school to use on equipment, books, field trips or anything else you may need!
- Thank you banner: Your school may receive one of the following banners, depending on how much you raise:
Silver Star Banner: $1,000 - $4,999
Gold Star Banner: $5,000 - $9,999
Diamond Star Banner: $10,000+
- Difference Maker Awards: Students who raise $15 or more are eligible to earn fun awards. It’s our way of saying thank you for a job well done!
- Education: Our engaging and interactive program teaches students about type 1 and type 2 diabetes, healthy living, and the importance of philanthropy.
- Community support: Students and families living with type 1 diabetes (T1D) appreciate the support of and awareness that Kids Walk fosters in the community.
- An opportunity to get kids active: The campaign wraps up with a celebratory Walk that brings students together and gets them moving!
Our program gives students an opportunity to help fellow classmates affected by T1D AND raise money for your school!
Here's what teachers say about JDRF Kids Walk:
"JDRF Kids Walk was so rewarding for our students and community. We all learned more about the disease, and students pulled together to help raise money for a wonderful program."
—Janet Walker, PE Teacher at Forest Creek Elementary
"Our student body was very compassionate and enthused for this project. I truly believe that they felt they could make a difference! It was our honor to help."
—Jo Davis, PE Teacher at Cedar Creek Elementary
"Not only do students raise important research dollars, but they also learn about type 1 and type 2 diabetes, healthy eating, and exercise. Our students who have type 1 diabetes really felt good that we were doing something to support them—that meant a lot to us."
—Pam Grimes and Jeri Goldrich, PE Teachers at Clifford O. Taylor/Kirklane Elementary