Learn More about Holding a Kids Walk
How Does the Program Work?
- Select two dates approximately two weeks apart. The first date will be your Kids Walk kick-off and your celebratory Kids Walk will be held on the second date.
- Register your school online at kidswalk.jdrf.org.
- JDRF will provide a video and tools for your Kids Walk kick-off. These resources teach students about type 1 and type 2 diabetes, the importance of a healthy diet and exercise and effective and safe fundraising strategies.
- Over a two-week period, students raise money by "selling" JDRF's signature paper sneakers for donations, asking friends and family for their support, and using our easy online tools!
- Two weeks after your kick-off, students submit the funds they've raised at a celebratory Walk on your school's campus.
- Your awards, school banner and 10 percent appreciation check will arrive within six weeks after the donations are collected.
When you signup, your school and students enjoy the many benefits of the program while helping JDRF create a world without T1D!