Learn More about Holding a Kids Walk
Schools participate because it’s FUN, it’s EASY, and it’s EDUCATIONAL!
How Does the Program Work?
- Contact your local JDRF chapter to schedule your Kids Walk Kick-Off and celebratory Walk.
- JDRF will lead an educational kick-off, teaching students about type 1 and type 2 diabetes, the importance of a healthy diet and exercise, and effective and safe fundraising strategies.
- Over a two-week period, students collect donations in various ways: by “selling” JDRF’s signature paper sneakers for a donation, by asking friends and family for their support, and by using our fast and easy online tools!
- Two weeks after your kick-off, students submit the funds they’ve raised at a celebratory Walk on your school’s campus.
- Wrap up your school’s campaign. Awards, your school banner, and your 10 percent appreciation check arrive within six weeks after the donations are collected.
JDRF provides a simple turn-key program, and your school and students enjoy the many benefits while helping to accelerate progress to cure, treat, and prevent T1D!