Fundraising Tips for Kids
Here are the rules:
- Before you get started, ask a parent for help!
- Never go door to door by yourself!
- Don’t ask strangers! Instead, ask your family and friends for support.
- Always say “THANK YOU” when someone makes a donation!
Online fundraising is the easiest and fastest way to raise money and earn Difference Maker Awards!*
How to fundraise online:
- Find and select your state to begin registration.
- Once you register, you will get your very own Participant Center! This is where you will find great ideas to help you fundraise.
- Create your very own web page and tell others why raising money for type 1 diabetes research is important to you! You can even add photos or a video!
- Email family and friends through your Participant Center and ask for their support.
- Track your progress!
More great ways to fundraise:
- Set a goal and make a plan to reach it. (Example: for $50, ask 10 people for $5; for $100, ask 10 people for $10.)
- Ask a parent to be the first to contribute.
- Bring your collection envelope with you wherever you go! That way you’ll be ready to ask for support anytime!
- Sell paper sneakers to family and friends for a donation of $1 or more.
More tips for success:
- Mark the date of your school’s Kids Walk on your collection envelope and be sure to bring it with you to school on Walk day.
- Return the paper sneakers to your teacher as they are sold so that they can be displayed in the hall, gym, or classroom.
- Volunteer to help!
Thank you for being a Kid Helping Kids!
*Be sure to ask your teacher if your school is participating in the Kids Walk Difference Maker Award Program!